Sunday 27 July 2014

Mini Illamasqua haul

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I've written anything on here - nearly a year! A lot has happened, some good, some bad, many life changing. But right now I'm not going to talk about that. I'm going to talk about going shopping and getting new make up yay!!

So the other day I got some good news in the form of a new job, and felt it was therefore appropriate to spend obscene amounts of money on new make up that I didn't really need but definitely wanted.

Naturally the first place I went to was Illamasqua, my favourite make up brand of all time. I still remember my first encounter with them at IMATS in London a few years back and ever since I've just been intrigued by them. Not to mention the products are incredible. They're sort of higher end I guess - I've only ever seen counters in Selfridges - but you certainly get what you pay for. Or at least I think you do.





The first thing on my list to buy was a bronzer. I'm very nervous when it comes to wearing bronzer, or anything of colour for that matter, simply because I'm naturally pretty damn pale. BUT it was time to take a leap into the unknown world of sun-kissed and glowing skin. Best, decision, ever. The bronzing duo comes in 2 gorgeous colours, glint and burnish. I tend to used glint (I'm assuming that's the lighter, pinker colour) on day to day basis, as a very light contour over my foundation. I feel burnish is better suited to evening make up, or for those who just prefer a heavier contour. Like I said, colour to me is scary so I'm still practising on a way to make it work for me. That being said, I've worn it everyday since I bought it and have received lots of compliments, so maybe I'm doing something right!


The next product I wanted was a lipstick from the new Glamore collection. I chose Buff, a beautiful fudge brown colour. On myself, it seems to have an almost greyish undertone to it. It's super creamy, which makes a difference from the usual matte lipsticks I go for, and opaque. This is a pretty unusual colour, and certainly something I would not ever go for but I was feeling adventurous. I can't wait to wear this colour out.

Now initially I thought I was done, that I had go what I wanted and was ready to cash up. However the counter lady asking 'is that everything?' caused me to blurt out 'how much is the matte lip liquid? Is it good?!' to which she replied 'yes' and boom, just like that she'd sold me another product. It wasn't hard. I was just trying to find an excuse to buy it. So I ended up purchasing the lip liquid in Exotic, a neon orange colour which is just - there are no words. Amazing, is one. Incredible, is another. You get it.

It took me a while to figure out how to use this product, though. It's certainly got a knack to it, and it is to layer. Start out with a tiny amount on the brush, allow to dry and build the colour. If you layer it on too thick, it goes clumpy and generally pretty gross. Layer, and you will have long lasting, non drying colour all day. Seriously, all day. It won't budge even when you want to take it off.

So that's it! I hope you enjoyed my ramblings. Thankyou for reading 

No comments:

Post a Comment